New Zealand Certificate in Travel Level 4
The New Zealand Certificate in Travel Level 4 provides students with a comprehensive range of skills and knowledge suited to the airline, tourism and travel industries.
Students will learn about key international travel markets and walk away with important geographical knowledge about popular tourist destinations around the world.
The New Zealand Certificate in Travel Level 4 also includes practical training in coach & overland tours, online fares & ticketing systems, including AMADEUS, which is used by travel agents & airlines in NZ and around the world.
Other important skills covered in this program include advanced selling skills, financial operations, career development, teamwork and client relationships – transferable skills that will give you a competitive edge in any industry.
What’s more, students will also obtain a Cruise Ship Certificate, providing them with up-to-date product knowledge about this sector of the travel business.
Even though you’ll be studying at home, this course includes a high level of practical activities, online communication, resources to fit different learning preferences and a high level of interaction with the Study from Home tutorial team – you’ll never feel isolated.
- Have achieved NCEA level 3 and/or
- Relevant work experience and be able to demonstrate suitable literacy and numeracy skills
ITC Study From Home courses are specifically designed to appeal to the learning styles of all learners by using a wide variety of resources and activities.
This course includes resources and activities such as:
- Interactive video lessons
- Downloadable subject workbooks
- Problem-solving activities
- Creative thinking activities
- Online forum discussions
- Research activities
- Real world travel & tourism case study analysis
- Written tutor feedback on activities and assessments
- Verbal or video feedback on activities or assessments
ITC also operates a three-level approach to assist graduates to gain employment:
- All students are enrolled in our online Careers module which covers:
- How to put together a professional CV
- How to write an outstanding cover letter
- Skills for interviews
- The Study From Home team is available to support students in all of these areas and act as a referee if required
- ITC has two employment consultants working to make students aware of all of the latest employment opportunities in the Travel & Tourism industries. Then to assist them through the recruitment process.
Note also that ITC graduates are offered LIFETIME assistance from our employment consultants and students are always welcome to ask for assistance even years later! Screen reader support enabled.
Learners are assessed in a range of methods including:
- Open book written assessments (using a variety of question styles including short answer, multiple-choice, essay and matching)
- Case Study analysis
- Map work
- A computer (desktop or laptop) or tablet with a keyboard Notebook/paper and pens
- Distance learning through our online learning platform, ITC online Tutor and student interaction is part of the course via phone, live video classrooms and email
- ITC offers a free 7 day trial of their online learning platform (ITC online) so that students can get a feel for what its like studying online and sample a few of the different types of resources and activities that they offer
Introduction & Travel Products
- Induction, team work & study skills
- Travel products
Client Booking Processes
- Sales client relationships
- Cruises & cruise online
- Coach & overland tours
Online Bookings & Itineraries
- Prepare travel itineraries
- Computer reservation systems
- Internet fares
Marketing a Group Tour
- Research and market a group tour
Advanced Selling Skills
- Advanced Selling Skills
- Career Development
- Financial operations
- Travel industry legislation
- ITC offers support for all students regarding assistance with student loans, allowances and fees free applications
Check out our incredible testimonials here.
- ITC Certificate in Travel and Tourism
- New Zealand Certificate in Travel Level 4
- ITC Amadeus Reservations Certificate
- ITC Cruise Online Certificate
Course Start Dates:
- Start anytime!
Time to Complete:
- 21 weeks full time (30 hours study time per week)
- 42 weeks part-time (15 hours study time per week)
- Domestic: $5010
- International: $5,500