2 Year Business In Tourism Diploma
Specifically designed for those wanting to enter into a the tourism industry with both practical and management skills, making them highly valued by employers. The two-year Business In Tourism Diploma provides an outstanding suite of qualifications, most of which are well-recognised throughout the world.
The first year covers the practical skills required by the industry, with vocational training including a high level of practical activities, such as roleplays and industry visits, to best prepare you for the workforce.
Throughout the course you will learn all about the New Zealand & global tourism industry, including essential destinational geography – you’ll be an expert in no time! Along with specific industry skills-based training, you will learn about customer service, cross-cultural communication, travel requirements & documentation.
The second year of the program becomes more theory based and focuses on sustainable tourism and management topics such as human resources, marketing, planning, research, finance, legislation and communications.
At the end of the course, graduates will be fully prepared to enter the tourism industry with both practical and management skills, making them highly valued by employers.
Students may wish to continue their studies by pursuing a Level 6 Diploma or Bachelor Degree qualification with another education provider.
Even though you’ll be studying at home, this course includes a high level of practical activities, online communication, resources to fit different learning preferences and a high level of interaction with the Study from Home tutorial team – you’ll never feel isolated.
- Have achieved NCEA level 2 and/or
- Be able to demonstrate suitable literacy and numeracy skills
ITC Study From Home courses are specifically designed to appeal to the learning styles of all learners by using a wide variety of resources and activities.
This course includes resources and activities such as:
- Interactive video lessons
- Downloadable subject workbooks
- Problem-solving activities
- Creative thinking activities
- Online forum discussions
- Research activities
- Real world travel & tourism case study analysis
- Written tutor feedback on activities and assessments
- Verbal or video feedback on activities or assessments
ITC also operates a three-level approach to assist graduates to gain employment:
- All students are enrolled in our online Careers module which covers:
- How to put together a professional CV
- How to write an outstanding cover letter
- Skills for interviews
- The Study From Home team is available to support students in all of these areas and act as a referee if required
- ITC has two employment consultants working to make students aware of all of the latest employment opportunities in the Travel & Tourism industries. Then to assist them through the recruitment process.
Note also that ITC graduates are offered LIFETIME assistance from our employment consultants and students are always welcome to ask for assistance even years later! Screen reader support enabled.
Learners are assessed in a range of methods including:
- Open book written assessments (using a variety of question styles including short answer, multiple-choice, essay and matching)
- Case Study analysis
- Map work
- A computer (desktop or laptop) or tablet with a keyboard
- Notebook/paper and pens
The following textbooks (new or 2nd hand):
- Writing guidelines for Business Students (5th Ed) – Emerson; Cengage Learning
- The Principles of Tourism (8th Ed) – Collier
- Tourism A Modern Synthesis (4th Ed) – Page & Connell
- Distance learning through our online learning platform, ITC online Tutor and student interaction is part of the course via phone, live video classrooms and email
- ITC offers a free 7 day trial of their online learning platform (ITC online) so that students can get a feel for what its like studying online and sample a few of the different types of resources and activities that they offer
For a full detailed description of subjects covered in our 2 Year Business in Tourism Diploma click the below included qualifications:
- NZ Certificate in Tourism level 3
- NZ Certificate in Travel level 4
- NZ Diploma in Travel and Tourism level 5
Students who complete 100% of their Level 5 ITC Diploma can pathway to a Level 6 Diploma or a Bachelor Degree program in the travel & tourism field with another education provider.
ITC has written agreements with providers who recognise and cross-credit ITC papers, such as:
- Auckland Institute of Studies (AIS)
- Southern Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Both AIS & SIT allow ITC graduates to enter directly on to their Level 6 Diploma programs or the second year of their 3 year Bachelor Degree programs
- ITC graduates can also gain credits towards the Bachelor of International Tourism Management program at AUT
- ITC offers support for all students regarding assistance with student loans, allowances and fees free applications
Check out our incredible testimonials here.
For a course overview of our New Zealand Diploma in Tourism and Travel click here.
- ITC 2 Year Business In Tourism Diploma
- New Zealand Certificate in Tourism Level 3 - with a strand in Tourism and Travel
- New Zealand Certificate in Travel Level 4
- New Zealand Diploma in Tourism Level 5
- ITC Amadeus Reservations Certificate
- ITC Cabin Crew Online Certificate
Course Start Dates:
- Join anytime!
Time to Complete:
- Domestic: $18,077 (First year Fees FREE*)